Communication Support Worker
Based in Wexford, Chime are seeking a Communication Support Worker for a 6 month fixed term contract, 5 hours per week including weekend work. Candidates are required to possess a high standard of Irish Sign Language and will ideally have some relevant work experience. The successful candidate must provide their own transport. Closing date for applications: Friday, 15th February 2019. A panel may be formed from which future posts may be filled.
- To work with the assigned Chime Social Worker and Rehab Care in relation to developing a clear programme of work to deliver the agreed supports to the service user.
- To provide a high standard of support through Irish Sign language.
- To provide support to the service user and ensure their rights are respected.
- To attend planning and strategy meetings, etc., as required.
- To maintain written records of all work undertaken with the service user.
- To participate in agreed management processes for supervision and training.
- To follow all relevant statutory policies and agency codes of practice and procedural guideline requirements.
- To maintain regular contact with the Social Worker / Team Leader.
- To observe and practise Chime’s Confidentiality Policy.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Social Worker / Team Leader or his designate.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and may be reviewed from time to time to reflect the needs of the service user.
Specific details of the post:
- Fixed purpose contract for 5 hours per week – schedule of hours to be agreed at commencement of employment in line with the needs of the service user
- Rate of pay is €20 per hour
- A high standard of Irish Sign Language essential.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility required – will involve weekend work
- Own transport is essential
If you would like to apply for this position, please email a letter of application along with your resume to: Human Resources Manager, Maura O'Leary at email@example.com
Alternatively you can post your application Attention: Human Resources, Chime, 10 Flemings Lane, Killarney, County Kerry. Informal enquiries are welcome
Chime is an equal opportunities employer
Select and subscribe to your quarterly newsletter of choice! Read interesting news and inspiring stories from people in your community. Learn about new technologies, events, offers and more! Chime in!