Code of Governance
Chime is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors. A code of practice for good governance of community, voluntary and charitable organisations in Ireland has been developed by the sector for the sector (see governancecode.ie). It is a voluntary code designed to help organisations adhere to the highest possible standards. Chime welcomes this Code of Governance and is currently in the process of fully adopting it.
To view our audited accounts, click on the year below.
Board of Directors
Statement of Guiding Principles
The Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising is a guide to best practice developed by a steering group established in response to the Charities Act 2009. Chime is fully committed to achieving the standards contained within the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
We commit to doing this by:
- Maintaining good fundraising practice.
- Providing high levels of accountability and transparency to our donors and prospective donors from the public.
- Providing clarity and assurances to you about how we spend your money.
Chime’s Statement of Compliance
Chime is committed to complying with the Statement for Guiding Principles for Fundraising and has formally discussed and adopted the Statement at a meeting of the Board of Directors and:
- Confirms its commitment to the principles set out in the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising by a statement to that effect in its annual report.
- Has a Donor Charter which is consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- Regularly monitors compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising and compliance reports are received regularly by the Board of Directors.
- Considers the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising when planning all fundraising activity.
- Has a policy on working with third party fundraisers.
- Provides honest, open and transparent disclosure when fundraising from the public.
- Has appointed a senior member of staff to be responsible for compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- Ensures that fundraising staff are provided with information and training on the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising and its implementation.
The fundraising department has a feedback and complaints procedure consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. Feedback is recorded for review by relevant staff including the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors. Feedback is responded to promptly and appropriately. The department prepares financial reports consistent with the requirements of the Charities Act 2009 which include a statement concerning the extent to which control of the organisation is independent of its funding sources. It ensures that all donations are tracked and recorded and complies with data protection requirements and is accessible to the public via telephone, email and our website.
Contact Details: Chime, 35 North Frederick Street, Dublin 1, D01 W592
Telephone: (01) 817 5700 Text: 087 922 1046 Skype: Chime NFS Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.chime.ie
Chime’s Donor Charter
We commit to being accountable and transparent so donors can have full confidence in Chime.
We promise we will use your donation effectively.
Our pledge to donors is that we promise to treat all of our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
It is important to us as a national charity that relies on the goodwill and generosity of the public, to instil a sense of openness, honesty and transparency amongst such valuable donors.
It is not enough that we uphold what is expected of us by law; we provide the best services and show the utmost respect to our donors.
Chime Disclosure Statement
Chime is open about whether those seeking donations on its behalf are volunteers, employees of the organisation, or third party agents. Anyone fundraising on behalf of Chime must ensure that donors are aware of the role they play.
Select and subscribe to your quarterly newsletter of choice! Read interesting news and inspiring stories from people in your community. Learn about new technologies, events, offers and more! Chime in!